scamp n : one who is playfully mischievous [syn: imp, monkey, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag] v : perform hastily and carelessly
- Rhymes: -æmp
- A rascal, swindler, or rogue; a ne'er-do-well.
- While walking home from the bar, he was set upon by a bunch of scamps who stole his hat.
- A mischievous
person, especially a playful, impish youngster.
- My nephew is a little scamp who likes to leave lighted firecrackers under the lawnchairs of his dozing elders.
Scamp may refer to:
- Scamp (Lady and the Tramp), a Disney cartoon puppy
- Scamp, a type of lesser Daedra in The Elder Scrolls, appearing in several games of the series
- SS-14 Scamp, the NATO reporting name for the RT-15 theatre ballistic missile of the Soviet Union
- USS Scamp (disambiguation)
- Plymouth Scamp, a small vehicle from Plymouth
- Scamp, a kit car based on the Mini
- Scamp grouper (Mycteroperca phenax), a grouper fish
- National Semiconductor SC/MP (pronounced Scamp) an early 8 bit microprocessor
SCAMP as an acronym may refer to:
- SCAMP (Supercritical Air Mobility Pack), a breathing set in diving
- SCAMP (Special Computer APL Machine Portable), a prototype name for the IBM 5100 microcomputer
- SCAMP (Single-Chip A-series Mainframe Processor), a single-chip implementation of the Burroughs large systems computer architecture
- SCAMP (Supersonic Cruise and Maneuvering Program), the initial name for the General Dynamics F-16XL prototype aircraft
- SCAMP (Standardised Compatible Audio Modular Package), an audio processor range from audio & design recording (ADR)
- Colt SCAMP (Small Caliber Machine Pistol)
bad boy, begrudge, bird, blackguard, blink, booger, buffoon, bugger, carefully ignore, chap, cold-shoulder, cut a corner, cut corners, cutup, devil, dodge, dog, duck, elf, enfant terrible, famish, fudge, funmaker, grudge, hood, hoodlum, hooligan, imp, joker, jokester, knave, limb, little devil, little monkey, little rascal, live upon nothing, minx, mischief, mischief-maker, pass over, pass over lightly, pinch, pinch pennies, pixie, practical joker, prankster, precious rascal, puck, rapscallion, rascal, ribald, rogue, rowdy, ruffian, scalawag, scant, scapegrace, scoundrel, screw, scrimp, shyster, skim, skim over, skim the surface, skimp, skip over, slight, slubber over, slur, slur over, slyboots, sneak, spalpeen, starve, stint, touch upon, touch upon lightly, villain, wag